Choosing Uncertainty a weekend of online Zen practice
Registrations are open for a weekend of online practice. You can find more information and the signup form here: https://mzg.org.au/group-meditation/sesshin-workhops/.
Tuesday evening sits will resume at CERES Learning Centre from 5th January
We will be recommencing face to face sitting on Tuesday with a hybrid model to include online sitters.
Please note the change of schedule: For the month of January we will meet from 6:30 to 8:30pm with 3 x 25 min sitting periods and kinhin followed by dharma sharing.
We are taking a range of precautions to minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19 for those sitting at CERES:
- Cushions will be arranged to reduce the density to 1 person per 4 metres sq which will allow 17 people to sit indoors
- Windows and doors will remain open to improve ventilation
- Use of hand sanitiser. There is some provided by CERES at the Learning Centre entrance
- Masks to be worn when inside the Learning Centre to comply with Victorian Government restrictions as of January 1st. We will have some spare masks on site.
- Maintenance of a 1.5 metre distance between sangha members in the dojo when not wearing masks
- For ease of cleaning, we will be trialling the use of a single laminated sheet with the Heart Sutra and Hakuin Zenji’s Song of Zazen in lieu of the regular sutra books
- Use of CERES online registration with QR code on door which can be scanned with a smart phone. There will also be a paper registration form as an alternative.
- Please do not come to the Zendo if you are unwell.
- When using the CERES QR code system you will be asked to nominate the specific location within CERES – in answer to the 1st question select “N/A” and for the 2nd select “Learning Centre”. You will also need to check out when leaving.
- There will be a laptop set up to provide online sitters with a view of the Zendo. If you prefer not to be on the video stream there are places to sit out of view of the camera but you will be seen during kinhin
- We will continue to explore options to create the most easeful and satisfying online/offline dharma sharing. Please bear with us during this initial period.
- You may wish to wear mosquito repellent due to doors being open. There will also be some available at the Learning Centre.
- We are not expecting more than 17 people on a Tuesday evening but there will be the option of sitting on the verandah if this occurs.
- We hope to return to face to face sitting on Saturdays soon. Our learning from Tuesday nights will assist us with this.
- Plans may change in response to changing restrictions. Please check back for updates before attending.
We look forward to seeing you there! Please contact Giam at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Covid 19 Update – Saturday Group Meditation Sessions are still Online
Melbourne Zen Group members will be regularly updated about further changes to group activities via email.
Updates for non-members will be sent out in our monthly Upcoming Talks and Retreats email update. When you signup to this update, you will be given the option to also request more frequent, in-time updates on changes to Melbourne Zen Group practice arrangements.
Are you new to the Melbourne Zen Group? Please arrange to meet with one of our practice facilitators for an online orientation to zen practice, and to connect in with our online mediations meetings.
May all beings be at ease.