If you’re new to the Melbourne Zen Group, please contact us to arrange a free orientation session before you join our sits (meditation meetings).
We meet in Brunswick East for group meditation on:
- Tuesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday from 10am to 12pm. (except last Saturday of the month)
On the last Saturday of the month, our sits usually extend to 1pm and include a talk or some other group activity. Please see our calendar of events for details.
There is almost nothing that stops our weekly sits – we sit on public holidays, and across the December to January period.
As part of our ongoing response to Covid, we continue to offer the option of joining out our group meditation online, and have a laptop in our onsite dojo that connects online and onsite sitters . Links for our online meetings are emailed to group members and to regular non-member sitters.
As a courtesy to other sitters:
- plan to arrive at the dojo approximately 15 minutes before zazen commences
- wear dark, un-patterned clothing to minimise distraction.
CERES Covid Safe Plan
- Please do not come to the CERES dojo if you are unwell.
- Please wear a mask if you are able to, and help protect members of our community who are vulnerable to Covid. We have some spare masks on site.
- Cushions arranged at a 1.5 metre spacing.
- Sitters are asked to maintain social distance of 1.5 metres when not wearing masks.
- Windows and doors open to improve ventilation.
- An air purifier in one corner of the room.
Plans may change in response to changing restrictions.
Please contact us if you have any questions.