The Melbourne Zen Group meets twice weekly for zazen (sitting meditation).
If you’re new to the Melbourne Zen Group, we recommend that you book in for a free orientation session as part of your visit, to help familiarise yourself with the shared ritual form that supports our group practice.
Group Zazen Times
- Tuesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- on the third Tuesday of each month, the last half hour of the session is devoted to group Dharma discussion
- Saturday from 10am to 12pm
- on the first Saturday of each month, the last half hour of the session is devoted to group Dharma discussion
- on the last Saturday of each month, sitting is from 9am to 1pm (usually with a talk from 12pm to 1pm)
As a courtesy to other sitters:
- plan to arrive at the dojo approximately 15 minutes before zazen commences
- wear dark, un-patterned clothing to minimise distraction
The group also meets twice monthly for longer meditation meetings known as zazenkai.
Our suggested donation towards venue costs is $5 ($3 concession) per session, or a weekly contribution of $6 ($4 concession) if you attend two or more sessions a week.
All group meditation is held at our Brunswick East dojo, unless otherwise stated.