We meet for group meditation on Tuesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm and on Saturday from 10am to 12pm.
Due to Covid, our sits are currently a mix of both face-to-face and online. When not in lockdown, our schedule is currently:
- All Tuesdays, meet at CERES, with option for sitters to join the dojo online.
- 2nd and last Saturday of Month, meet at CERES, with option for sitters to join the dojo online.
- All other Saturdays, group meditation is 100% online
CERES sits are for 2 hours, with the last half hour dedicated to dharma sharing.
If you’re new to the Melbourne Zen Group, please contact us to arrange a free orientation session before you join our meetings.
Links for our online meetings are emailed to group members and to regular non-member sitters.
As a courtesy to other sitters:
- plan to arrive at the dojo approximately 15 minutes before zazen commences
- wear dark, un-patterned clothing to minimise distraction.
CERES Covid Safe Plan
- QR check-in – with paper register also provided.
- Hand sanitiser at the Learning Centre entrance.
- All sitters must wear masks inside the dojo. We have some spare masks on site.
- Cushions arranged at a density of 1 person per 4 metres square – with a maximum of 17 people sitting indoors.
- Sitters asked to maintain social distance of 1.5 metres when not wearing masks.
- Windows and doors open to improve ventilation.
- Please do not come to the Zendo if you are unwell.
- We have a laptop set up at CERES to give online sitters a view of the CERES dojo. There will be CERES sitting places that are out of camera-view, however all sitters will briefly be in camera-view during kinhin (walking meditation)
- Plans may change in response to changing restrictions. Please check back for updates before attending.
Please contact us if you have any questions.